Six Margin Killers In Wholesale Distribution
|| Aug 30, 2011
|| 20 pages
If you're in wholesale distribution, you've got to keep your eyes on five main value drivers: margin, revenue, inventory, cash and expenses.
This, the first in a series of eBooks from IBS, the distribution software people, focuses on the first (and arguably most important) driver: gross margin.
In it, you'll discover six common 'killers' that erode your margins and undermine your business. Some of them may seem obvious; others are a little more subtle - but we've seen all of them over and over again in every sector: automotive, pharmaceuticals, industrial, food & beverage, medical supplies, paper & packaging and electrical - you name it.
The Wholesale Distribution eBook covers:
- Why small changes in pricing make a huge impact on profits
- How knee-jerk promos and discounts can turn a wobble into a crash
- The 'metrics clash' between departments and why it matters
- How the most profitable wholesale distributors maintain margins
- The supply chain management areas you need to make watertight and the ones you can squeeze a bit more juice from
- We don't want to sound arrogant but it just might be the most important thing you read all year!
Tags : distribution logistics, distribution management, wholesale distribution, distribution resource management, supply chain management, erp, enterprise, resource, resource planning, ibs