With so many cloud options available, it’s difficult to determine what strategy, architecture, and specific solutions are best for your enterprise. This paper, the first in a series of four, offers practical advice for cutting through the clutter and getting started with a private or hybrid cloud strategy that successfully builds on your current data center. Part of the work involves planning. The remaining effort is hands-on.
Key activities highlighted in this first paper include:
- Setting cloud goals based on business objectives
- Adopting a portfolio view of your infrastructure
- Targeting workloads for private or hybrid cloud
- Evaluating cloud computing models
- Deploying a proof of concept (POC) based on a standard architecture