“I’ve had it with this!” As you struggle with a manual process, a solution that has failed to grow and change with your business, or a provider who overcharges and underdelivers,you think there must be a better way to process your organization’s payroll. You are ready to evaluate some alternative solutions, but it’s hard to know exactly where to start.
Payroll is the most highly visible benefit you provide employees. If the paycheck is late or wrong, you’ll get plenty of complaints—and maybe a few compliance fines. Changing how you process payroll has to be done right, and there are a lot of things to consider, such as:
- Who are the vendors or providers that you can trust?
- What are the most important payroll features for your organization?
- When should you make a change in payroll?
- Where will you want to keep your sensitive payroll data—on your own internal servers or in the cloud
- How much can you spend for a solution?
As you gather requirements and begin researching solutions, you’ll need to considerthe functional capabilities required to produce accurate payroll, the vendor qualities you value most, and finally, how you plan to implement a new solution. Here are 15 points to keep in mind.