While file sharing proliferates in the enterprise environment, the unsecure and unsanctioned deployment of file sharing technologies poses significant risk to organizations.
Extensive new research conducted by Ponemon Institute in North America and Europe, sponsored by Intralinks, reveals that individuals are behaving badly, organizations are addressing the challenges inadequately, and IT professionals feel a loss of control.
Here is just a sample of the results:
- Half of all respondents lack the confidence to deal with risky file sharing practices
- 62% of respondents accidently sent files to unauthorized individuals outside the organization
- 70% of organizations do not conduct regular audits to determine if file sharing activities are in compliance with regulations
Download this research report now to find out:
- The extent of the risk associated with unsecure file sharing
- The individual behaviors driving and organizational responses to information loss
- The key considerations for securing information in the collaborative enterprise
- “Information loss from file sharing is as significant a risk to organizations as data theft”