The wide area network (WAN) is a critically important topic for number of reasons. Those reasons include:
- The latency, jitter and packet loss that is associated with the WAN often cause the performance of applications to degrade.
- The WAN can be a major source of security vulnerabilities.
- Unlike most of the components of IT, the price/performance of WAN services doesn’t obey Moore’s Law.
- The outage of a WAN link often causes one or more sites to be offline.
- The lead time to either install a new WAN link or to increase the capacity of an existing WAN link can be quite lengthy.
This e-book includes a summary of the key components of some of the emerging approaches to WAN architecture and design and concludes with a call to action that outlines a project plan that network organisations can use to evolve their WAN.
Download this eBook now to find out more.