In its fifth year, the OutSystems State of Application Development Report is a comprehensive analysis of the challenges, priorities, and innovations that impact IT teams around the globe in this age of digital transformation.
This analysis is based on the responses to a survey conducted in March 2018. More than 3,500 IT professionals from over 116 countries took part. Respondents worked in all kinds of industries, and in this concise summary of the report, we focus on specific findings related to the insurance industry.
The need for digital transformation dominates business strategy today, and there are two obvious consequences for IT. First, the demand for application development (app dev) is at an all-time high. Second, speed and agility are more important than ever before.
This backdrop informed the themes we wanted to explore in this year’s survey, which set out to answer five critical questions:
- How are the app dev priorities of organizations adjusting to this digital age?
- What are the main challenges to meeting app dev goals?
- What strategies are IT teams employing to increase app dev capacity and speed?
- Are these strategies working to overcome resource constraints and reduce backlogs?
- Are new app dev practices such as low-code and citizen development making a difference?
Our insights from that research are captured in a 32 page report that you can access here.
In the pages that follow, we provide a concise summary of our key findings and compare responses from the insurance industry to all responses on a number of key measures.
¹ For more information on the OutSystems Group of Companies, visit the Outsystems website.