When evaluating a next-generation firewall (NGFW) to determine whether the solution can give you comprehensive protection for your entire enterprise, you need to look for seven must-have capabilities.
The NGFW should:
1. Integrate security functions tightly to provide effective threat and advanced malware protection
2. Provide complete and unified management
3. Provide actionable indications of compromise to identify malicious activity across networks and endpoints
4. Offer comprehensive network visibility
5. Help reduce complexity and costs
6. Integrate and interface with third-party security solutions
7. Provide investment protection
This white paper explains this checklist in depth and provides examples of the benefits a truly effective NGFW solution can deliver.
Published By: ZScaler
Published Date: Nov 18, 2011
Read this informative whitepaper to learn how, as a Blue Coat customer, you can reap the benefits of Zscaler's comprehensive cloud security solution. Learn how enterprises with legacy proxy appliances-such as Blue Coat ProxySG-will further enhance their security with our unmatched advanced threat protection.
Published By: Mimecast
Published Date: Apr 18, 2017
451 Research independent analysts review Mimecast’s Targeted Threat Protection suite of email security services. This report provides detailed descriptions of the various email threat vectors: attachments, links and phishing and how Mimecast email security services work to thwart these attacks. The report covers an overview of the market and specifics on Mimecast services: Impersonation Protect, Attachment Protect, and URL Protect.
As malware becomes ever more sophisticated and evasive, new technologies are emerging to uncover threats no matter how well they’re camouflaged. This paper proposes a logical design strategy for dynamic malware analysis that optimizes detection effectiveness, efficiency, and economics.
The checklist provided in this document details six must-have capabilities to look for when evaluating a nextgeneration
firewall (NGFW) to determine whether the solution can provide comprehensive protection for your entire
An NGFW must be able to:
• Integrate security functions tightly to provide highly effective threat and advanced malware protection
• Provide actionable indications of compromise to identify malware activity
• Offer comprehensive network visibility
• Help reduce complexity and costs
• Integrate and interface smoothly and transparently with third-party security solutions
• Provide investment protection
This white paper examines how some of the ways organizations
use big data make their infrastructures vulnerable to attack. It
presents recommended best practices organizations can adopt
to help make their infrastructures and operations more secure.
And it discusses how adding advanced security software solutions
from IBM to their big-data environment can fill gaps that
big-data platforms by themselves do not address. It describes
how IBM® Security Guardium®, an end-to- end solution for
regulatory compliance and comprehensive data security, supports
entitlement reporting; user-access and activity monitoring;
advanced risk analytics and real-time threat detection analytics;
alerting, blocking, encryption and other data protection capabilities,
as well as automated compliance workflows and reporting
capabilities, to stop threats.